Start an Open Food Network instance
Every instance of Open Food Network around the world has been started by people like you who believe that a new food system is needed.
A passionate community
By starting an Open Food Network in your region, you will have access to the open source software platform, and input into development decision-making. You will also become part of a supportive community of others around the world working on the same challenges and sharing knowledge and resources to help one another.
We believe that anything we build is stronger if we do it together, and if what we create is part of the global commons. By all contributing into a global project, we are able to produce much more than if each of us were working alone.
How to start Open Food Network
Here is some background on what it takes to get a new instance up and running :
- First you can watch a demo video showing how the platform concretely works
- Here is the community pledge that explains the different role in the community and what it means to be part of this community. And here a specific discussion about white labelled deployments.
- Here you’ll find info about how to get a new instance up and running, and also here, and 4 posts about more technical aspects of it (public or private instances, infrastructure, security, community support)
- Here is a visual representation of the global business model, and a post on the co-budgeting process we are using to crowdfund features and mutualized roles
- You might like to join the Open Food Network Slack channel and talk to us there.
If the videos and resources above have you excited about starting an Open Food Network instance but you would like more guidance, one of our team members would be happy to talk to talk to you.
Get in touch with us to find out more about starting Open Food Network in your country or your region.